Wella SP Luxe Oil Therapy: Review, Products, Price
When the going gets tough, go to a parlor. Under ordinary circumstances, given my busy schedule the last thing I would take out time for is a hair spa. I am very careless with my hair and I don’t remember the last time I oiled my hair. 3 years? I have thick, lovely and superb hair..blowing my own trumpet! But even the best of hair can’t manage itself on its own. I am super busy even after working from home. What with reviews, shoots, events, etc. So with greater work comes greater responsibilities, and I hardly dedicate any time to my hair care routine.
Until, one day, I decided to pamper myself. Declaring a No Work Day, I stepped out, looking for some shopping and fun. This was my time! With the various levels of insanity crossed, I broke the restriction of not allowing anyone to touch my mane and enter my favourite Affinity salon in Pitampura. 15mins from my home, the top most priority! I wasn’t kidding when I said I am under a pile.
Oh yes, the going had gone really tough that day! It was hot, and I had too many bags to carry. I was hungry, but was not sure whether I really wanted to go for a hair job before getting inside McDonald’s. As usual, I got into the salon first, as I believe in ending my trips with a food feast. All set, I entered the salon, and caught everyone’s attention as I was looking funny and clumsy with so many bags. The Attendant ushered towards me, and offered water. I settled down quickly and chose Wella SP Luxe Oil Hair Therapy simply because I tried it a few years ago and loved the results. I will talk about the products used in this process:
1. Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
The shampoo contains Argan and Jojoba Oils. Jojoba oil, is known as the ‘Jack of all Oils’, and is known for its repair and healing properties. It is a great moisturizer and leaves you hydrated without making your skin or scalp feeling oily. It is light oil, with miraculous effects on skin and hair alike. Argan Oil, or Moroccan Oil, makes hair soft shiny, silky and fluffy. It can treat spilt hair well, rebonds hair naturally. It is used as a conditioner, as well as a styling ingredient by many hair experts all over the world.
2. Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Restore Mask
Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Restore Mask contains Jojoba, Argan and Almond oil, and this helps in retaining the moisture content of hair strands.
3. Wella SP Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixir
The star of the show. I have a bottle of it at home but its quite different from the salon variant. Mine is more like a thick serum and this was much thinner and luxurious. It has Argan, Almond and Joboba Oils.
Coming to the process, they start with:
1. Hair Wash – For all the obvious reasons, any hair spa treatment starts with cleaning the area first. In my case, the fellow was shocked, and overwhelmed, as he had touched upon a healthy but oily scalp. It took them around thirty minutes in completing the entire head bath ritual. The shampoo is superb, is mild and pleasant to smell, and leaves you feeling really light at the top.
2. SP Keratin Restore mask is mixed with few drops of Luxe oil. Luxe oil contains natural oils, and it is specifically designed to protect Keratin, which, in turn is responsible for hair growth. Before applying the oil on my hair, the strands are separated manually, and compartments were made to straighten the knots bothering the well being of my hair. This mask was then applied, excluding the roots. It took another thirty minutes.
3. With an automated hand held steamer, my head was treating with gushing hot waves for twenty minutes. Steaming is supposed to open all the blocked pores and extract all the excess oil from the scalp.
4. After the Steaming process got over, my head was shampooed again, with the same shampoo, and I was given a very light massage, with the same oil. I opted out of the blow dry because I didn’t want to harm my hair with all that heat.
Here is a list of why you should try the Wella SP Luxe Oil Hair therapy once. This shampoo, SP Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo and the mask, SP Keratin Restore mask, are available online, at the price of Rs. 1790.00. If you are wondering about the hair steam, just dip your towel in a bucket full of hot water, squeeze it, and wrap it around your scalp for thirty minutes.
I say, indulge once in a while!
You really have dream hair… 😊How much did this session cost?
haha thanks!! this should set you back by approx 2k
OMG! I loved your hair color :)