If you are reading this post, you are well versed with the culture and times we live in. Yes, it is indeed the culture of self-obsession. Instead of worrying over all the world problems, why don’t we just relax a bit, talk to someone, look at our pretty face, capture the moments and move on in life? This is exactly why camera phones have become such a rage these days. Most of us are selfie addicts; well it is better than being addicted to something more sinister. Selfie obsession is the biggest obsession of our times. Most of the mobile manufacturers want to capture this wind as well. Hence, we have a lot of phones flooding the market with the ‘perfect selfie phone’ tags.
Now, let the facts speak for themselves. A phone, which has been designed with the specific purpose of selfie, has a 13MP primary camera & 16MP front camera with a screen size of 5.2 inch will probably be the best fit when it comes to taking selfies. Did you see that the front facing camera has a better resolution? That’s Oppo A57 for you.
Now, when this selfie perfect camera invites the best from the photography world – Daboo Ratnani at Oppo Times Fresh Face 2016 training and grooming session, fireworks are bound to happen. I have been really cumbersome at clicking pictures. This session, was an eye opener for me as I got to interact with Mr. Daboo Ratnani, and he shared a lot of smart tricks and selfie hacks.
This event was facilitated by Ms. Aditi Arya–fbb Femina Miss India World 2015, who is charming and beautiful beyond words. We interacted with her as well, and she shared a lot of interesting tips. Oppo Times Fresh Face 2016 was held at Mumbai with a special training and grooming session held in Delhi. Youngsters from different walks of life participated in the event, and they were honored and recognized for being the’best amongst the best’.
This delhi event was a stupendous success with a lot of Media coverage from stables of India Today group and Zoom TV.
A few takeaways from the event:
- Focus and hard work is the key to success. To begin with, Aditi asked all the college students to stay focused and stay determined for that one big dream. Aditi knows that the Brain can either worry of perform! So instead of worrying about something that has already happened or not happening, it is better to take the right action. This attitude reflects on the face, and hence pictures speak a lot more than words. Stay worry free! This line has stayed with me and I can’t seem to forget it.
- She got down to the basics. Do you know the difference between a beauty pageant and fashion show? Apart from the obvious difference in categories, in a beauty pageant, the focus is on the model’s entire personality. In case of a ramp walk, the focus is only on clothes. Hence in a fashion show, the models do not smile, and in a fashion show, the models are really resplendent.
- Which aspect should be the area of focus for any model? Few say hair, some say face and rest go with clothes and makeup. For Aditi, it has to be Shoes. The right shoe ensures a great walk on the ramp, and also enhances the personality. Try wearing a simple dress with great shoes. Then try a great dress with lousy footwear. You will notice the difference. Never miss an opportunity to splurge on shoes.
- Having said that, do not spend millions to look millions! I loved this tip, as a major part of my money is blown on cosmetics, only to be discarded later. Aditi said that most of the cosmetics come with same permutations, so, if you can, then comfortably settle down with a cheaper variant. Not that you go ahead with lipsticks that start bleeding after thirty minutes, but any cosmetic which suits you should be used. The priority should be the performance of the cosmetic, and not the price tag.
- To walk the right way, start with the toe first, and then put the heel on the ground with knees falling straight in sync.
- Daboo was all praise for Oppo A57 Selfie expert camera, and also shared few thoughts about getting the right click. When a blogger asked him how to perfect the pose, he promptly replied that a person should spend at least five to ten minutes every day, in front of the mirror. This will, enhance the confidence, increase the understanding of personality and make it easier to shoot selfies.
- He also said that it is extremely important to focus on the optics before buying any camera or camera phone. Optics, lens and MP are the three key components of any camera, and take care of the optics for sure.
- At Oppo Times Fresh Face 2016 gathering, Daboo Ratnani said that it is not necessary to use the beauty enhancing features and apps. Use the built in camera features more instead of any external app and use them immediately after you click a picture.
For capturing a Swatch or product consistency:
1. Use a plain white or yellow background
2. Go closer to the product (not very close)
3. Try to zoom in more
4. Use every feature in the camera once at least to know what suits you the best.
5. If you are a plain Jane, then add little glamour to your pic by simply highlighting your hairstyle!
6. Try experimenting with flash more to see how well you can handle it.
7. If the swatch shoot is indoors, use yellow lights, and for outside shoots, use white lights.
He said that he prefers Zoom lens to Block lens for his photo shoots, and asked all the professional photographers to try and figure out their favorite variety of lens.
Daboo said that Arjun Rampal is any photographer’s delight. He can carry off any attire and look with comfort and grace, can be clicked in a rural as well as sophisticated set up, and remains true to his element always.
When I asked Daboo about what he hates the most about the present click culture, he said that he is amazed to see how people can actually put up every picture on internet for public display! He said that pictures are meant to capture beautiful moments, and as holy as it sounds, NO PHOTOGRAPH should scream for attention.
I watched the two of them talking and answering all the questions and queries patiently, and distributing Oppo A57 Selfie Expert handset to the winners of the contest.
Oppo is the fourth largest mobile manufacturer in the world. Oppo is headquartered in California, USA, and was founded in China in 2001. It is present in twenty countries, and has grown by leaps and bounds in India ever since the debut. Amy Jackson, Yuvraj Singh, Tamannah Bhatia & Hritik Roshan are the brand Ambassadors. Don’t give it a second thought. Just buy Oppo A57 Selfie expert camera phone, and shoot at sight! The perfect companion to a perfect selfie deserving face. You can buy online, or at a regular bricks and mortar showroom.
When am I going to get one? Right after I am done writing this post. Oh yes, only if the reality was as beautiful.