The weather in Delhi has got warmer over the last week. And I am actually quite bummed about it. I hate layering up. Yet I love winter. Its like I can’t survive with it but can’t live without it either. That’s how most things in my life work. I love them and I love to hate them. The winters are still chilly but the sun is coming out almost everyday now so I have put my scarfs and shawls away. I turned 24 last week and spent the day in doing absolutely nothing. Researching new eat outs on Zomato doesn’t count, right? I took a trip down south too, but that deserves a whole new post. So if you thought I was royally ignoring the blog then you aren’t entirely right. I’ve been busy doing….things. When I started Petite Peeve, I promised myself I would never stress myself over it like I do over VNA. Its more of a creative outlet for me and intend to keep it that way.
February is here, with all the cutesy things. Its makes me feel like a school girl all over again. Roses, chocolates, candles, cards..I am lucky that my bag is always buzzing with surprises. I am not big on Valentine’s day but who doesn’t like a little reason to celebrate. BUT when your birthday and valentine’s fall so close to each other, the gifting timeline gets blurred! Although I don’t like to soak myself up in red to go with the theme, but I do like a little colour on my lips. And I’ve been wearing the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Pure Reds lipsticks non stop ever since I got them. Love the pigmentation and staying power. You know I hate to touch up, so these matte lippers are a staple for me. In this look, I’m wearing Pure Scarleto which is a warm red by Blake Lively. Continue Reading…
A very very happy new year everyone from me and Team VNA! I hope you had a great new years eve. I went out for a family dinner and later visited a family friend. And came back home to snuggle up in my rajai once again. That’s usually how all my new year evenings go. I’m not a party person so I ring in the new year with my family. My insta feed was full of people dressed up in LBDs and partying like crazy which I dont know why but I don’t miss.
Coming to my new year resolutions..yes there are always resolutions even though they are meant to be broken yada yada but atleast I hope to carry on with them sincerely for as long as I can. So here is the list:
- Exercise. I just measured my waist and it gave me a panic attack. Not just to me but people concerned *ahem* So I have decided to be more regular at exercising. I don’t like gyms but I love yoga. I also like to follow fitness videos on youtube. Only thing is that they get dull when you watch them for the 100th time. So suggest me some pumping music for workouts and any good videos which are different from the usual.
- Eat right. I plan to cut down om my sugar intake. I have a sweet tooth so desserts are a BIG part of my life..so big that sometimes they make up my main course. So the biggest change needs to be made here. I also plan to cut down on fried food and rice. My other weakness. So yeah let’s see for how long I can stick to this. Although I am gonna keep a day every week to indulge. Can’t help it!
- Sleep cycle. I’m very active at night. This habit comes from my childhood when I used to study for board exams at night and sleep and party during the day. And it never changed. Now I eat, sleep and shop during the day and work at night. I sleep so much that sometimes it stretches to 16hours. Not kidding. NEED to change that. So the max I am gonna stay up is 3am.
- Get out of my comfort zone. I made this resolution last year and it worked really well. I can’t even start on the times I have missed big opportunities because I was either too shy or too comfortable in my bubble. But I have slowly started to push the boundaries and this year I will try even harder.
- Be more crazy. I hate people who are boring and never do anything fun. Kuchh toh log kahenge…? Kehne do. Last year the craziest I went when I coloured my hair pink. This year I’m gonna do more crazy shit.
- Donate. I always wanted to but never had the funds for it. Now that I have started earning, I am gonna keep aside a part of it for donations and charity.
Well that’s it! Any more resolutions and I will break them all. Let’s see how I perform this year.
Coming to the outfit, I know you must have seen this on VNA. This was my 2014 new year outfit. But I’m in a process of moving all my outfit posts on Petite Peeve. So I decided to post this here for new year! Gonna do a fresh shoot tomorrow so stay tuned.
Jacket: American Swan / Ganji: Street Shopping / Jeans: GK / Bag: American Swan
I hope you had a great Christmas! I went out and shopped with my girls. For new year’s eve I don’t have any plans but I guess I will spend it in with the family cozying up under a blanket munching some dark chocolate and gajar ka halwa with a cup of coffee while replying to all those bulk new year wishes on whatsapp (even the advance ones “before the lines get jammed blahblah”) I’m planning a FRIENDS marathon too. If you have good movie recommendations then do let me know. Chick flicks please!
Today is a very special day for us at VNA Headquarters. Its our 4th anniversary! Yes I know..sounds unbelievable. Although Petite Peeve is only 3 months old, it already feels like home too. You would be seeing a lot of me here in the coming year. People tell me they miss reading my own posts on VNA, the thing is I am spending less on makeup and more on dresses. No girl will ever admit but I have so much makeup that even my next 7 generations won’t need to buy anything IF they like. My mom will throw me out of the house if I buy one more lipstick. But she doesn’t mind me spending on clothes which she knows I will actually wear considering my jam packed social calender. And that is how Petite Peeve was born! Continue Reading…
As soon as the weather in Delhi gets chilly, I catch a cold. And it stays on through out the winters. I’m not kidding..I wake up with a fit of sneezes everyday! I guess I’m very allergic..or is it just my nose? Although the October weather isn’t very cold that you would need a jacket or blazer over your outfit but you only get to use them for 2-3 months so why not start early! I can’t wait to bring my layering game on. Let’s start with the post in very GoT style. Btw I have a tshirt with the same quote. Continue Reading…
I know I know you are probably tired of watching these fashion week pictures over and over again! I promised I saved some of the best shots for this post. You know I covered this season of WIFW which took place earlier in October in Delhi. Everyday we would shoot outfit pictures, I had 2 things in my mind the whole time. First was to take some fresh and unique shots from the fashion week to give you an idea how things work inside those 4 walls (I know..as a kid I was intimidated by all things fashion). The other thing that was high on my priority other than having a great time was to create some content for this new baby blog. And this has to be one of the best shoots I ever did!
Why? Because all these pictures are facebook profile photo worthy. I even have this one as my current display picture on my personal profile and the official Petite Peeve page as well. My pictures never turn out great when I’m not the photographer (which is why I stick to selfies!) but a big thanks to Shreya for taking these. Hop over to her blog Beauty In The Third World to see the pictures I clicked for her…at.the.same.location! This is what 2 fashion bloggers do when they come together..tu meri photo le mai teri lungi! Continue Reading…
Welcome world! That’s the secret project I was working on. Petite Peeve is an extension to Vanity No Apologies but this would cover my personal style. If you are petite and think you can’t follow 99.99% of the latest trends then welcome to Petite Peeve! I hope my 2 scents here will help all the real girls out there who know they can’t walk around on streets wearing runway clothes. Continue Reading…